Sunday, September 25, 2016

Milk Bottle Butterfly



Hello my lovely friends

I hope you are having a great weekend :) 

I am back with another make using the fantastic Visible Image stamps. 

I am also using the same stamp set as last time because I love it so much!!

 This is the stamp set I worked with it is called Butterfly Beginnings





I love to paint bottles and stamp on them so this is what I did with this lovely butterfly.

I had an empty milk bottle I had around the house so I just use what I have on hand.

I like to use chalk paint to paint my bottles as I love the texture of it.

 I prefer this kind of paint as it does not peel off your jar and you do not need to prep your bottle.

********

Here are the steps to make your own bottle

1. Paint your bottle and leave to dry. I usually paint two coats of paint. Chalk paint dries pretty fast!

2. Then take your stamp and some archival ink and stamp on to your bottle.
 I like to stick my stamp to my desk and just roll my bottle over it. 
From one end to the other using firm pressure.

3. Take some sand paper or a nail file and rub off the areas you want to look distressed. 

4. Tie some twine and your done :) 

If you want you can also seal it but I like to leave mine with just the matt chalk look.

********

  They are so easy to make and would make lovely gifts for Christmas :) 

Speaking of Christmas Visible Image have 25% off of there Christmas stamps. 

Hop on over and take a wee look at what they have the sale ends on Sept 28th.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! 

Mandi xox



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you have inspired me, I'll keep an eye out for some glass bottles.

    ReplyDelete